Have you ever been to an animal café in Japan? Animal cafes in Tokyo are very famous among both animal lovers from Japan or around the world. You can eat, drink, relax, and at the same time play with your favorite animals. Animal cafes will provide a memorable experience during your time in Tokyo:
Cat and dog cafes are already well known in Japan, but how about a goat café? Eat and relax in this nice café and play with Sakura and Chocolat (the name of the goats), or even walk with them. But you need to do the reservation in advance. You do not need to pay extra money to play with them because when you order the food, you can automatically do so.
- Access: 4 minutes’ walk from Shibuya St.
- Price: ¥500–¥1,300 (Lunch set ¥1,000)
- Opening hours: Weekdays 8:30- 28:00 Weekend 8.30 – 24:00
This café is located in a residential area and it is very small, but cute and comfortable. It is a perfect place to avoid the crowded city center and makes for an enjoyable walk through the quiet neighborhood to get there. Visitors can take pictures without flash but need to pay more to pet the owls. The range of price starts from ¥300.
- Access: 10 minutes’ walk from Kokubunji St.
- Price: ¥500–¥1,200
- Opening hours: Weekdays 11:00-17:00 Weekend 11:00 – 18:00 (Closed on Tuesday and Wednesday
The first store opened in Jiyugaoka area a few years ago and new branches opened in Harajuku and Meiji Jingu-Mae. A lot of people come on weekdays, but you do not need to make the reservation by phone. Visitors can walk in to get tickets and enjoy the short walk in the surrounding area while waiting to enter the café. Since the price is based on limited time courses, you do not need to wait for a long time.
- Access: 8 minutes' walk from Jiyugaoka St.
- Price: Based on the course ¥550–¥1,100
- Opening hours: Weekdays 12:00- 19.30 Weekends 11.00- 20.00 (Closed on Friday every week and the 3rd Thursday of the month)
They offer spacious rooms to play with more than 30 cats, including a few Munchkin cats on the second floor with their signature short legs. It will be a great idea for the cat lovers who cannot pet cats in their apartment, because they still can play with the cute cats here. The atmosphere of the café will make people want to go back over and over again.
- Access: 10 minute walk from Jiyugaoka
- Price: Based on the course ¥400–¥1,000
- Opening hours: Weekdays 11:00-19:00 (Closed every Saturday)
5. Kotori Cafe
You'll see great interior design at this Omotesando bird cafe, where there are more than 20 birds. They offer a good selection of drinks and cakes. Even though the size of the cafe is relatively small, it is very relaxing for the visitors who can play with the birds as they enjoy a break.
- Access: 8 minute walk from Omotesando St.
- Price: ¥800–¥1,500
- Opening hours: 11:00 - 19:00
Japan Airlines has a way to get you here. Book this tour now!
Was this article helpful?